How to make Japanese-style curry (6 servings)
- 1 box Curry roux (115 g, 4 oz.)
- 250 g/9 oz. Meat
- 2 Onions (400 g, 14 oz.)
- 1 1/2 Potatoes (230 g, 8 oz.)
- 1/2 Carrots (100 g, 3.5 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 850 ml (3 1/2 cups) Water (750 ml (3 cups) if cooking in a covered pot)
- Amount of ingredients and water varies depending on the product. For more detailed information, please check the recipe on the box of the product you are using.
You can make Japanese-style curry in 4 simple steps.
- Sauté ingredients
Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan and sauté the ingredients in bite-sized pieces.
POINTUse medium heat until the onions turn soft
- Add water and simmer
Skim off the scum and simmer until the ingredients turn soft.
(Approx. 15 minutes after water begins boiling)
Turn from medium to low heat
- Add roux
Break the roux and add it to the water so it dissolves.
Turn off the heat
Simmer again while occasionally stirring.
(Approx. 10 minutes)
POINTUse low heat until the sauce thickens